Hello, Carnivores! There are a lot of events planned for May, and we hope you can make it to them.
- Cinco de Mayo, May 5, 2016 @ Blue Moon Bar & Grill; All Day-- We'll be making three special sausages for you to pair with a Lagunitas and Founders Tap Takeover.
- May 7, 2016, Alt Brew Tap Room-- It's Craft Brew Week and celebrate with Alt Brew and The Conscious Carnivore. Sample Alt Brew's amazing gluten-free beers while enjoying our gluten-free beer brats, featuring Alt Brew's Farmhouse Ale.
- May 21, 2016, Summit Brewing Sampling @ The Conscious Carnvivore; 11am-2pm-- Join Ross Fahey from Summit Brewing as he samples his beers. We'll have specials on Summit Saga and samples of Saga beer brats. Beers and brats will be for sale in the shop.
Fill your freezer with special offerings from The Conscious Carnivore. We are now offering bulk meat boxes and whole, halves and quarter animals.
Give us a call (608-709-1418) or stop in if you are interested in:
- Whole Lamb: $500; $100 deposit
- Whole Berkshire Hog: $700; $100 deposit-- About 180 pounds.
- 1/2 Berkshire Hog: $350; $100 deposit-- About 90 pounds
- Suckling Pig: $9.50/pound; $100 deposit-- About 25-29 pounds
- 1/4 or 1/2 Beef: $4.25/pound carcass weight, averaging $7.00/pound cut weight; $100 deposit-- 1/4 steer about 160 pounds hanging weight; 1/2 steer about 320 pounds. 1 month lead time needed for order.
- Grinder Box: $55; paid at time of order-- 8 pounds total consisting of: 6-1 pound packages of ground beef, 1 pound taco meat & 1 pound hot Italian beef.
- Pub Burger Box: $55; paid at time of order-- 6 packages of 4- 1/3 pound unseasoned ground beef patties.
Spring Class Schedule
The spring class schedule is post in the shop and online. Click HERE to see the current offerings, whether you are interested in Bacon, Beef Hindquarter, Sous Vide and Whole Lamb.
Slow Money Wisconsin Spring Showcase
Friday, May 6th, 2016, 8:00 am- 4:00 pm
East Side Club, 3735 Monona Dr., Madison, WI 53714
Woody Tasch, founder of Slow Money, will be giving the morning key note speech. Six years after Tasch’s 2010 book Inquires into the Nature of Slow Money launched the concept of Slow Money into the national spotlight, he will speak on what is happening around the country and the ever increasing relevance of Slow Money in today’s world.
They invite you to go learn about new business investment opportunities as the following companies explain why they fit the Slow Money model:
Please also join us at our free kickoff event at Alt Brew on April 29 from 5:00 to 9:00 p.m. celebrating craft beer, smart businesses, and good food.
- Alt Brew. Madison, WI.
- Baraboo Woodworks. Madison, WI.
- Gorilly Goods. Jackson, WI.
- Landmark Creamery. Albany, WI.
- One One Thousand. Madison, WI.
- Sector 67. Madison, WI.
- Square Harvest. Madison, WI.
- Together Farms. Mondovi, WI.
- Quigistics. Madison, WI.