New in the case Thursday, September 17th, McEwen Farms (Mt. Horeb, WI) mini-Hereford beef! This breed isn't just small and cute but are raised bio-dynamically and require less food and water per pound to produce the best quality and tastiest beef around. We also will have their goat in the case on Saturday, September 19th.
Mini Herefords are a great alternative to regular sized cattle and have many advantages. These include:
- Less carbon emissions per pound
- Easier handling
- Excellent for small farms and small acreage
- The smaller steaks make for easy portion control. You can eat a fully formed ribeye that is half the size of one from a full sized steer
- Easier on the land and pastures due to smaller size
- Earlier maturity
- Higher percentage of ribeye
To learn more about this great farm check out mcewenfarms.com.