Hello Carnivores! It'll be a busy week here at The Conscious Carnivore which is great news for you.
- All week we'll be featuring Mangalitsa pork in our meat case, including trotters, shanks, skin, ground back fat, bone-in loin chops, loin roasts and shoulders. Look for them in the case from today until we're sold out. We don't get this wonderfully fatty Hungarian breed often, and when we do it sells quickly. Mangalitsa is a darker pork with a large fat cap and taste leaning towards wild boar--earthier than Berkshire or Red Wattle, and oh so delicious.
- On Thursday, February 11th we are cutting our next round of 40 day dry-aged beef. It's always a favorite and makes the perfect stay-at-home Valentine's dinner. Butcher Dave will be cutting ribeyes, New York strips, t-bones and porterhouses--all at $25 per pound.
- Friday, February 12, 11am-4pm -- Bill Anderson from Creme de la Coulee will be in the shop sampling and selling his fantastic cave aged cheeses. It's not unknown for us to make meals of simply his cheese and a good baguette. Creamy and perfectly aged, Bill's cheeses are worth the trip in to sample.
- Saturday, February 13, 11am-3pm -- Andy from 3rd Sign Brewing will be sampling his full selection of fine beers brewed in Waunakee. We're also running a special on 3rd Sign 12 ounce 4-packs for $8 each and $2 off 22 ounce bomber bottles. Also featured in the case will be sausages made with the Beatrice Chocolate Cherry Porter and Abandon All Hope Coconut Spiced Porter.
- Saturday, February 20, 11:30am-4pm -- Back from his most recent fishing trip in Alaska, Bering Bounty captain Mark McKeown will be showing off his delightful and great tasting wild-caught Alaskan fish. Whether you're in the mood to talk fish--or just to hear some fishy tales of life at sea--Mark is a delight to have in shop and is always a customer favorite.
- Mid-March -- We've sourced a Scottish Highland steer and will be featuring it in the case! Stay tuned to our emails and Facebook page for updates.
- Friday, March 11 @ 6pm -- Whole Hog Class -- Butcher Dave will be leading 10 fine folks in the complete process of butchering a whole hog. Our classes are always a lot of fun as a single participant, a couple, or group of friends. Have 9 other people with your carnivore tendencies? Why not book a private class?! Call the shop for details or to register -- (608) 709-1418.
- Friday, March 25 @ 6pm -- Bacon Class -- Nothing beats bacon. NOTHING. I know you want to take this class. Learn the process, and make your own bacon. Call the shop for details or to register -- (608) 709-1418.
Fill your freezer--buy in bulk
Fill your freezer with special offerings from The Conscious Carnivore. We are now offering bulk meat boxes and whole, halves and quarter animals. There are many options when ordering a 1/4, 1/2, or whole animal. Talking to one of our knowledgeable associates can help those that may not be familiar with the cuts and help you decide which to order and what cuts would be best for you and your family. Give us a call (608-709-1418) or stop in if you are interested in:
- Whole Lamb: $500; $100 deposit
- Whole Berkshire Hog: $700; $100 deposit-- About 180 pounds.
- 1/2 Berkshire Hog: $350; $100 deposit-- About 90 pounds
- Suckling Pig: $9.50/pound; $100 deposit-- About 25-29 pounds
- 1/4 or 1/2 Beef: $4.25/pound carcass weight; $100 deposit-- 1/4 steer about 160 pounds hanging weight; 1/2 steer about 320 pounds. 1 month lead time needed for order.
- Grinder Box: $55; paid at time of order-- 8 pounds total consisting of: 6-1 pound packages of ground beef, 1 pound taco meat & 1 pound hot Italian beef.
- Pub Burger Box: $55; paid at time of order-- 6 packages of 4- 1/3 pound unseasoned ground beef patties.
Oh look, a coupon!
Print it off, or bring it in on your phone for $5 off a purchase of $35 or more.